About Me

My photo
I have a Bachelor's in Psychology, a Master's in Human Relations, and a Ph.D. in telling people what to do. I raise children, dogs, cats, and hermit crabs and cultivate crabgrass and pretty weeds. I am teaching myself to cook, not because I love to cook but because I love to eat. I love to travel, read, and take pictures; I also like to write, so you'll get to read a lot about all the aforementioned subjects plus about anything else I happen to feel like sharing with you. I'll take all your questions and may even give some back with answers if you're lucky and I'm feeling helpful (or bored.)

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Thankful entry #9

Today I am thankful  (and shocked) that Soldier took the dog out to pee before he left for work.  Let me just be very clear: this never happens.  He never takes the dog out on a workday.  Weekends, days off: yes.  Workdays: never.

It's not just because I don't like having to get out in the cold morning air (or rain, or snow, or whathaveyou.) This dog is a maniac. He is a German Shepherd  (read: big dog) with some severe form of canine ADHD and is almost stronger than I am.  He's hurt my arms and back on more than one occasion yanking so hard on his leash.  He's almost to the point of being totally uncontrollable.  I despise having to walk this dog.  I have to do it in the mornings and again at noon during the workweek, and 3 times a day when Soldier is gone.  I don't hate the dog.  But I hate having to walk him.

Today's entry is brought to you by the number 1, which is most likely the number of times this phenomenon will ever occur.

No comments:

Post a Comment