About Me

My photo
I have a Bachelor's in Psychology, a Master's in Human Relations, and a Ph.D. in telling people what to do. I raise children, dogs, cats, and hermit crabs and cultivate crabgrass and pretty weeds. I am teaching myself to cook, not because I love to cook but because I love to eat. I love to travel, read, and take pictures; I also like to write, so you'll get to read a lot about all the aforementioned subjects plus about anything else I happen to feel like sharing with you. I'll take all your questions and may even give some back with answers if you're lucky and I'm feeling helpful (or bored.)

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Thankful entry #6

Today I'm thankful for having a long conversation with my sister over the phone and google chat, about her wedding and various other subjects.  This is significant because growing up, we were never close.  She is nearly nine years younger than me and almost the exact opposite in terms of looks and personality.  But as she's grown up and become an adult, we find more and more similarities in ourselves.  We still don't talk often (we're both busy these days) but when we do, it's heartening to discover those ties.  


Today's entry is brought to you by the letter E, for the earthquake that happened as I was talking to her on the phone last night.  This was the second major earthquake to hit Oklahoma in 24 hours.  Last year at about this same time, another large earthquake hit our hometown, where our house is, right after we'd moved.  Now, I'm sure the land there misses us living on it and all, but these tantrums it's throwing have got to stop.  There are several fault lines in Oklahoma, but they're usually inactive and largely unnoticeable even when they do shift.  None of us who live there ever thought we'd need earthquake riders on our homeowners' insurance, but you can bet I'll be calling my company first thing on Monday to add it. No word yet on our house, but no structural damage has been reported by people who live by it, so I hope it's ok.  

No comments:

Post a Comment