About Me

My photo
I have a Bachelor's in Psychology, a Master's in Human Relations, and a Ph.D. in telling people what to do. I raise children, dogs, cats, and hermit crabs and cultivate crabgrass and pretty weeds. I am teaching myself to cook, not because I love to cook but because I love to eat. I love to travel, read, and take pictures; I also like to write, so you'll get to read a lot about all the aforementioned subjects plus about anything else I happen to feel like sharing with you. I'll take all your questions and may even give some back with answers if you're lucky and I'm feeling helpful (or bored.)

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Apologies and thankful entries #s 10-15

Heh. Well, you know how it happens. Soldier has four days off and I forget that I even HAVE a blog.  

Sorry about that.  To all two of you who follow me semi-religiously. 

Anyway, back to regularly scheduled programming.  

It looks like I have five days' worth of thanks to give, so heeeeeeeeeeere we go. 

I am thankful that I did not have to walk the crazy dog for four days.  

I am thankful that Soldier and I share the same strange interests, like looking at old cemeteries and playing with model trains. 

I am thankful that I got to play Dungeons and Dragons with all of the human males in my house for the first time ever.  It was entertaining. I'm not sure how the game is really supposed to be played, but when you play it with a two elementary school kids and preschooler, there's a lot of sound effects and shouting over each other and pouting.  My baby even rescued me from the bad guy who was holding me hostage. 

I am thankful that I get to show my kids pieces of history, instead of just having them read it out of a book.  We try to visit historical sites as much as we can, not only for the educational context, but also because Soldier and I are kind of history buffs.  This weekend we went to Lincoln's Birthplace and Boyhood Home here in Kentucky.    

I am thankful that I got to spend yesterday afternoon on a date with Soldier.

Today's entries are brought to you by the letter P, for pumpkin pie, peanut butter, and pretzels, for which I am also thankful. 


No comments:

Post a Comment