About Me

My photo
I have a Bachelor's in Psychology, a Master's in Human Relations, and a Ph.D. in telling people what to do. I raise children, dogs, cats, and hermit crabs and cultivate crabgrass and pretty weeds. I am teaching myself to cook, not because I love to cook but because I love to eat. I love to travel, read, and take pictures; I also like to write, so you'll get to read a lot about all the aforementioned subjects plus about anything else I happen to feel like sharing with you. I'll take all your questions and may even give some back with answers if you're lucky and I'm feeling helpful (or bored.)

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Thankful entry #16

Yesterday I had a flat tire.  Not just any ol' flat tire, where you notice, hey, my tire looks a little low.  Think I'll go put some fix-a-flat in it and air it up.  Nossir. It was fine when I took the older two to school and less than an hour later, it was absolutely flat.  As in, the wheel was touching the driveway, with only a thin smidgen of rubber between it and the concrete.  

Now, I have changed a tire before.  On a little bitty Saturn.  Where the spare was convienently located under a flap of carpet in the trunk along with the jack and the bolt-unscrewer-thingy.  (Yes, I'm all about technical terms.)  And the tire was roughly the size and weight of a dirt bike tire. 

But I am singularly incapable of changing a tire on my big ol' truck.  First of all, I can't even unscrew the bolts on the wheel.  I could wallop He-Man with the strength in my legs and back, but my arms are weak and puny.  Second, the spare is located rather inconveniently underneath the vehicle, bolted to the chassis.  Notsomuch within my realm of capabilities.  Third, I can't even lift the tire itself.  

I called Soldier, who had been anticipating a long day at work following his four-day weekend.  Two hours into his day of trying to get caught up, he gets a phone call from his lovely wife, who informs him that the truck has a tire flatter than a possum who's been run over by three cement mixers.  

So, today I am thankful for my Soldier, for many reasons, but not least because he came home and saved my lovely butt.  Yes, I do have triple-A, but Soldier is so much better looking than those guys, plus he gave me his car to take the baby to preschool, and then took me to lunch while he had the tire replaced.   I love this man.  

Today's entry is brought to you by the number 4:45, which is the time my clock stopped at this morning.  Finding out it's really 6:38 when you think you have two more hours to sleep is not the most pleasant way to start the day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment