About Me

My photo
I have a Bachelor's in Psychology, a Master's in Human Relations, and a Ph.D. in telling people what to do. I raise children, dogs, cats, and hermit crabs and cultivate crabgrass and pretty weeds. I am teaching myself to cook, not because I love to cook but because I love to eat. I love to travel, read, and take pictures; I also like to write, so you'll get to read a lot about all the aforementioned subjects plus about anything else I happen to feel like sharing with you. I'll take all your questions and may even give some back with answers if you're lucky and I'm feeling helpful (or bored.)

Monday, October 3, 2011

En Francais

This has got to be one of the most intriguing things I've ever seen. It's a little too modern in its decor for me, but the whole conceptualization and realization of it is just amazing. I think it would be perfect for a college student, or more specifically, a succession of college students studying abroad for a semester or two. It's cheap, in the middle of the city, but still functional and aesthetically pleasing, and has light and space. I am inspired.

As a side note, I was pleasantly surprised to find I could understand about 70% of the French, which I haven't spoken for 12 years now. There's on-screen translation for those who aren't francophiles, so don't worry.

2 comments:

  1. I would have never seen the potential, though it makes sense a photographer would. I need to look into more things like that because I love the modern angles and all that natural light. I hope to buy a fixer upper one day.

    Romance languages just make so much more sense.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wouldn't have either. I am always amazed how some people can see the potential of run-down places; I guess I don't have that great of an imagination. But the results look fantabulous.

    ReplyDelete