About Me

My photo
I have a Bachelor's in Psychology, a Master's in Human Relations, and a Ph.D. in telling people what to do. I raise children, dogs, cats, and hermit crabs and cultivate crabgrass and pretty weeds. I am teaching myself to cook, not because I love to cook but because I love to eat. I love to travel, read, and take pictures; I also like to write, so you'll get to read a lot about all the aforementioned subjects plus about anything else I happen to feel like sharing with you. I'll take all your questions and may even give some back with answers if you're lucky and I'm feeling helpful (or bored.)

Monday, September 26, 2011

Ho boy.

My little sister's getting married.

My mother officially has to admit that her precious angel baby is now an adult (even though she's 23 and in med school and has been an "adult" for quite some time now.)

By 23, I was married and had a kid. Now I'm, ahem, not 23 and have three kids. And 25 pounds of padding on my delicate bones.

I have til Christmas to lose those 25 pounds of padding, which is when I will be fitted for my pink dress. I shall NOT be the fat chick at my sister's wedding.

Thus, commence daily 5 mile runs, 30 reps of squats, and arm weights.

3 comments:

  1. I know this sounds beyond over simplified, but I eat half.

    While I'm fixing my plate, I look at how much I would normally put on my plate and half it. Less than happily.

    Or eat a handful at a time rule. That works for me during the day.

    If you can lose 25 pounds without dieting then I hate you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, no. I have cut back eating by about 1/3. Halloween may be my undoing, diet-wise, though. I traditionally eat all the candy my kids don't like/want. Candy corn in particular is my frenemy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad I don't have to hate you. That would be sad.

    ReplyDelete