About Me

My photo
I have a Bachelor's in Psychology, a Master's in Human Relations, and a Ph.D. in telling people what to do. I raise children, dogs, cats, and hermit crabs and cultivate crabgrass and pretty weeds. I am teaching myself to cook, not because I love to cook but because I love to eat. I love to travel, read, and take pictures; I also like to write, so you'll get to read a lot about all the aforementioned subjects plus about anything else I happen to feel like sharing with you. I'll take all your questions and may even give some back with answers if you're lucky and I'm feeling helpful (or bored.)

Thursday, October 20, 2011

I'm back

Busch Gardens - check. Monticello - check. St Luke's Church - check. The ocean - check.

 *10 bonus points if you know what state I visited*

 I had less than 24 hours to plan for, pack for, and prepare for said trip. But no way was I going to turn it down when it was offered to me at the last minute. I've wanted to go out there for awhile.

I'm going to break this up into several posts over the next few days because I have pictures to share and it makes each post that much longer.  I promise, I'm not going to share all of them.  Don't run screaming just yet.

So I'll start with Busch Gardens.

 Busch Gardens was purely awesome. They had it all done up for Halloween, complete with costumed characters (think Freddy Krueger, not Mickey Mouse) walking around scaring people. Throughout the park, speakers played eerie Halloween music, and everything was decorated with dark roses  (some of which had eyeballs) and creepy ivy, cobwebs, mummies that truly looked real, spiders, skeletons, ghosts, gory limbs, 3-D monsters, etc.




 We could not have picked at better time to visit than we did. The boys were freaked out from time to time, but I have to say, the overall experience was fantastic. The only ride we really had to wait in line for (for over an hour and a half - argh) was The Curse of DarKastle, which is a Haunted Mansion - type ride, except in 4-D movie format.


 The two older boys hid their eyes the entire time, and we didn't even attempt to take the baby on it (we did child-swap at the loading point) but Soldier and I liked it. Was it worth the hour and a half wait? Well, if, like us, you've never seen it before, then probably. But I wouldn't wait that long to see it again. Because if you know what's coming, it kind of takes away the suspense. It's still a good ride, though; I would probably wait 30 minutes next time, but no more than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment