About Me

My photo
I have a Bachelor's in Psychology, a Master's in Human Relations, and a Ph.D. in telling people what to do. I raise children, dogs, cats, and hermit crabs and cultivate crabgrass and pretty weeds. I am teaching myself to cook, not because I love to cook but because I love to eat. I love to travel, read, and take pictures; I also like to write, so you'll get to read a lot about all the aforementioned subjects plus about anything else I happen to feel like sharing with you. I'll take all your questions and may even give some back with answers if you're lucky and I'm feeling helpful (or bored.)

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Tomorrow

Tomorrow I won't have time to post because it will be 10th birthday of my oldest baby.  Yes, that's right folks, this child who continues to amaze and impress and terrify me will be a DECADE old.  I'm pretty sure it hasn't really been ten years, because the memory of holding him a week after his birth in the rocking chair at 2 a.m. in the dim living room lit only by the glow of Christmas lights, is still strikingly clear and vivid.  


But nevertheless, he contends that he will be, in fact, ten years old, and after consulting the evidence (his birth certificate), I must, sadly, agree that he is no longer a child and more of a pre-teen, who happens to be reading books at an 8th-grade-level at (almost) ten years old.  Yeah.  Not kidding.  


So I'm off to hunt down a cake (my past attempts at decorating them have not been what one would call successful so I'm leaving it to the pros this year), decorations, presents, cards, candles, and....my youth.  


No comments:

Post a Comment