About Me

My photo
I have a Bachelor's in Psychology, a Master's in Human Relations, and a Ph.D. in telling people what to do. I raise children, dogs, cats, and hermit crabs and cultivate crabgrass and pretty weeds. I am teaching myself to cook, not because I love to cook but because I love to eat. I love to travel, read, and take pictures; I also like to write, so you'll get to read a lot about all the aforementioned subjects plus about anything else I happen to feel like sharing with you. I'll take all your questions and may even give some back with answers if you're lucky and I'm feeling helpful (or bored.)

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Never do this

Never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, EVER tell anyone how great your day is going.  Don't say it, don't write it, don't text it, don't even THINK it, because if you do, you are absolutely bound to get knocked upside the head so hard you'll fly sideways.

Learn from me, people.  I did this very thing today and less than 20 minutes later the baby hit his brother on the temple with an aluminum baseball bat.  It was an accident, of course, but it's the kind of accident that stops your heart for a few beats.  Luckily, licensed medical professionals in white coats determined that he was fine (at least for now) and sent us on our merry way with instructions to watch for symptoms and wake him every couple of hours tonight.  I decided it was ok to start breathing again, so we came home and had pizza.




No comments:

Post a Comment